We are an exciting and ambitious charity – creating a landmark youth housing project in Milton Keynes. We are looking for an equally ambitious colleague to join our leadership team and direct our fundraising and communications activities
Director of Development
Salary: Circa £40K + per annum, dependent on experience
Contract: Full time and Permanent (part time/flexible working considered)
Based: Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes YMCA is an independent charity that:
• Supports more than 350 formerly homeless young people each year
• Champions young people’s housing issues
• Provides a programme of training and support to enable young people to belong, contribute and thrive
We are seeking an exceptional person who:
• Has successfully researched funding opportunities, written compelling bids and secured funds
• Has a proven track record in developing philanthropy, having successfully raised substantial funds
• Has a proven experience in marketing, PR and donor events
• Is a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for building new relationships
• Has the ability to influence decision makers, negotiate and promote services
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to be part of the leadership team and help grow our charity, and broaden their skills and experience. The post holder will help to define long-term organisational strategic goals, manage a small team, build key relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close funding deals, write funding bids, and manage communication and marketing activities. We are seeking someone who is determined, committed and well organised with excellent communication skills. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, then we want to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon Monday 9 April 2018
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on Friday 20 April 2018
There will be a second interview for selected candidates on Friday 27 April 2018
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please email Kamila@mkymca.com and you will be sent a full application pack.
CVs will not be accepted or taken into account.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.